Dear lfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org,

LFS : SVN : "/lib/idev/devices does not exist" and "/dev/pts does not exist"

=== my lfs system ===

I built SVN circa 140331-140408. I can boot the system and log in as
root. It works! Great!

I used the development version SVN circa 140331-140408.
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/

I have a few comments and I also need some help with "udev" and "/dev/pts".

I have not installed udev or eudev. I followed the systemd instruction
in
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter06/systemd.html
and the rest of SVN instruction.

In System Configuration and Bootscripts
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter07/introduction.html,

I selected system V as my boot method with "/usr/sbin/set-sysv".

=== errors when booting system ===

When I boot lfs I get a few errors and complaints regarding udev and
/dev/pts.

1) Question: When I boot I get and mountvirtfs executes, I get "Mounting
virtual file systems.. /run /proc /syscp: Cannot stat
'/lib/udev/devices/*' no such file or directory". This is correct. I do
not have the "devices" sub directory in /lib/udev.
How can I resolve this?

2) Comment: S10Udev (S10udev -> ../init.d/udev) looks for
"/sbin/udevadm", but I had udevadm as /bin/udevadm.  I copied
/bin/udevadm to /sbin to solve this.

3) The same udev script  row 52 has:  "/sbin/udevd --daemon", but I do
not have udevd. Do I have to install udev as well?

4) When the mountfs script executes it states: "Mounting remaining file
systems... : mount point /dev/pts does not exist". That is correct, I do
not have /dev/pts.

I noticed there is now a systemd development version as well. I did not
use that. Is it so that the regular development version
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/ need updated
lfs-Bootscripts?

Best regards,

Magnus Larsson