On Wednesday 30 August 2006 21:43, yogesh prabhu wrote:
> Thanks for ur reply...
>
> As per the earlier mail of Pavlov (PV)
> the output i got is listed below....

Seems OK for me. I don't see a problem here.

Just a note, I asked you to run "ls -ld /" but you run "ls -l /". You
gave me the contents of / while I was asking for the / attributes
itself (something like "drwxr-xr-x 18 root root 4096 Jul  2 02:45 /"
for me). But don't worry, just be more accurate for the next time since
sometimes the difference can be really critical.

> And i forgot to say ,
> When i get into my LFS linux thro grub,
> after the kernel uncompressing and all.....
> the script -
> ..................................                                    [ok]
> [ok]
> Mounting the remaning file systems
> [failed]
> ..........................                                            [ok]
>
> i could not make guess , whether anything has gone wrong....
> can anybody help me out solving this issue ....

I guess you run the preceding commands (ldd/ls) from a LiveCD or another
distro you built LFS from (or I misunderstand something).

1. Can you please show the sequence of commands after which you're able
to operate on your LFS partition from that another distro?

2. The contents of your LFS's /etc/fstab file will be useful as well.

3. Also search for the following line in /etc/rc.d/init.d/mountfs

mount -a -O no_netdev &>/dev/null

and delete everything after '&' including the '&'. The line would become
as follows

mount -a -O no_netdev

This would force the messages from the failed command to be printed to
the screen rather than to be lost. Those would probably help to find
the error. Send them here as well.

--
Nothing but perfection
pv