On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 08:27:31PM +0530, James Pinto wrote:

> Hi
>
> >> And if your system is set to use UTC, then LFS section 7.9 will
> >>tell you to use UTC=1 in /etc/sysconfig/clock.
> I have already done this...
>
> It temporarily solved the problem but when I restart the system the time is
> wrong again.
>
> >>modulo problems with the battery dieing
> I also use Ubuntu and time works there perfectly. (so my battery is fine)
>
> Regards

 OK, I'll admit that I'm very puzzled by that.

 What sort of time errors do you see - is it a few minutes, or
hours, or does it vary ?

 Is the machine connected to the world ?  If so, is ubuntu using ntp
to get the time, and is your LFS system using ntp ?  Is the date
itself correct in the LFS system ?

ĸen