-----Original Message-----
From: lfs-support-boun...@linuxfromscratch.org
[mailto:lfs-support-boun...@linuxfromscratch.org] On Behalf Of Ken Moffat
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:43 PM
To: LFS Support List
Subject: Re: [lfs-support] still doesnt work right (after binutils pass 2)

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 12:35:13PM -0800, Paige Thompson wrote:
> What does an ldd of a tools/bin/as look like for you?

 After pass 1, no idea.  And after pass 2 I would only be able to tell you
after I chrooted - assuming I hadn't deleted /tools which I normally do soon
after the system boots.

 So, perhaps I was mistaken when I said yours shouldn't link to /usr/lib -
that's the trouble with people firing a string of questions after continuing
beyond the first failure - the situation is muddied by all the reports.  If I
was wrong, my apologies, chalk one up to yourself if you wish to keep score,
and feel free to disregard anything I say ;)

ĸen

I actually came to the conclusion that it was due to the simple fact that the
executable's link pathes pointed to /lib64/ld-linux-x86_64.so.2 which is fine
except on the host system it doesn't work due to the difference in the host
system'd ld-linux-x86_64.so.2 difference from the one that it is actually
linked against by the compiler (which is located in
/tools/lib64/ld-linux-x86_64.so.2....... *OR* something is very wrong with my
glibc even though it is the correct version, correct commit in the source tree
and everything (as near as I can possibly tell.) It could ALSO be the fact that
my host is not running kernel 2.6.25 which seems...absurd because that’s the
min version to compile glibc support for and I'm running like 3. Something.

It'll have to wait until I return home, if I'm right, which I'm next to fairly
certain I am this is really going to pay off, cross your fingers, if not I'm
sure I'll eventually figure it out and be that much better off for it. At least
I'm at a point where I can kinda have an idea for what might be wrong and I
assume this will help a lot in the future. I really hope so because I'm tired
of Ubuntu, I'm tired of mailing lists, I don't like dealing with people to get
what I want.