________________________________
From: prashant dawar <prashantdawar.2...@gmail.com>
To: lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org
Sent: Thu, November 15, 2012 6:15:55 AM
Subject: [lfs-support] please tell the error

i followed the guide . have a problem in section 5,.4 binutils-2.22-pass1
5.4.1
installation of cross binutils
LFS and LFS_TGT are properly set and permission to binutils-build and
binutils-2.22 directories are 777 and every file in binutils-2.22 are also 777

lfs@dell-OptiPlex-780:/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-build$
/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-2.22/configure --prefix=/tools --with-sysroot=$LFS
--with-lib-path=/tools/lib --target=$LFS_TGT --disable-nls --disable-werror
checking target system type... i686-lfs-linux-gnu
checking whether ln works... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
configure: error: in `/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-build':
See `config.log' for more details.
lfs@dell-OptiPlex-780:/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-build$

config.log file is attached. help please.

I am not one of the pros here but from what I see you are using Ubuntu as your
host system. I compiled my LFS-7.2 using Ubuntu as my host system as well. But
had to install some packages that were missing from Ubuntu before I began my
build. If you didn't run the version-check script in vii-Host System
Requirements, you need to do so and then install any missing packages.