Mcgroder, James wrote:
> Working through my 1st LFS build and  wget seems to have missed some files
> listed in the wget-list file.  I got the wget-list from
> ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs/lfs-packages/7.5/ wget-list
                                                     ^
Is there a space here or is that a typo?

> Here is an example of one that appears in the file that was not present in
> $LFS/sources:
>
> mcgroder@JMCGRODER ~/lfs
> $ grep linux-3.13  wget-list
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.x/linux-3.13.3.tar.xz
>                    md5sum:............................................
> linux-3.13.3.tar.xz: No such file or directory
>
> There are half a dozen or so missing... is this operator error or a
> problem with the mirror site(s)? I can correct easy enough but would
> like to understand why wget seems to have sip over some packages.

The file looks OK to me.  Check that you got the correct wget-list:

$ md5sum wget-list
67eb8c72a4bfd2bd5d4298c43e7062fe  wget-list

Also check that wget actually downloaded the files.

I suggest downloading the md5sums file from the same location and
running 'md5sum -c md5sums'.

   -- Bruce