On Friday, November 11, 2011 05:05:00 PM augustin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am mirroring a local application onto a remote server:
>
> mirror -v -n -L -R -x \.txt -x \.htaccess -X \.git
>
> The -n option doesn't seem to work:
> -n, --only-newer    download only newer files
> However, even though locally nothing has changed, the same files are being
> uploaded again (wasting time and bandwidth and causing problems on the
> server because each file is being deleted before being re-uploaded):
>
> Removing old file `cron.php'
> Transferring file `cron.php'
> Removing old file `index.php'
> Transferring file `index.php'
> Removing old file `install.php'
> Transferring file `install.php'
> etc.
> etc.

I found this very old log entry:

Version 0.14.0 - 1998-01-28
* reverse mirror (--reverse) (limited - no symlinks, no timestamps)

Does this mean that support for timestamp with mirror --reverse has never been
implemented?? In 13 years, nobody asked for this feature?
http://linux.overshoot.tv/ticket/211

I am willing to prepare a patch but I am a C++ newbie and I don't know the
lftp code base, so at the very least, I'd need some help.

I figured that the relevant file is src/MirrorJob.cc ...

But to start with, I'd need some answers to the following questions:
1) has this feature already been implemented? Is it supposed to work?
2) If not, is there a particular reason why it wasn't implemented?
3) Would it be difficult to implement?

Thanks,

Augustin.

--