On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 10:06:01AM +1000, Scott MacKenzie wrote:
> ftp:use-fxp force  (or similar, can't fall back to local copy, will
> fail instead)

lftp :~> set -a | grep fxp
set ftp:fxp-force no

I think this is a poorly named option, though; it forces nothing, it
just prevents a fallback.  I'd have called it something like
"ftp:fxp-allow-direct".

> mirror:exclude-regex (I need an option to add 'empty directories' to
> the list of exclusions)

Try:

mirror -x '/$'

(This probably won't exclude nested directories that end up empty *due* to
exclusions.)

> and a question..  do I have a means to redirect stdout/stderr on a per
> slot basis, so that if for example I have the stdout/stderr
> re-directed, only one lftp process, but have multiple slots doing
> different things, I need to be able to differentiate between various
> server responses from the various slots.  At the moment, with
> backgrounded tasks happily executing in parallel (a must have), I think
> I have no easy way to identify the success or otherwise of a particular
> slot's task.

I'm not sure what you're asking.  lftp redirects output on a per-command
basis (ls > file), but the internal redirection doesn't separate stdout
and stderr.  Debug output to a file has the host attached.

If you want to do something on success, you can use && ...

--
Glenn Maynard