On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Alexander V. Lukyanov wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 11:15:37AM +0900, TAKAHASHI Tamotsu wrote:
> > But "lftpget -c" still doesn't "continue" if
> > server replies "HTTP/1.1 416 Requested Range
> > Not Satisfiable."
> > Well, this is the same behaviour as of 2.6.3.
> > The problem is that lftp(get) doesn't return
> > non-zero nor reget the target from the beginning.
>
> Usually 416 error means that the file on the server is less than or equal to
> requested starting read position. I don't know why the server returns the
> error in this case.

Yes, 416 error is not a problem in lftp. There's many
hosts which let you continue downloading via http.
But some servers may produce 416 error to tell you
that the server doesn't support "continue", I think.
So lftp should not return zero when 416 error occured.

lftp doesn't GET target if the file is already the same
length as Content-Length of HEAD. So 416 error doesn't
mean success, does it?

--
tamo