A couple of days late, but better then never (it helps to send it to the
right address).

Hello Alvarez,
        I've been browsing the LFTP mailing list for awhile, and since I'm
also using lftp on Aix (4.3, 5.1, 5.2 & 5.3), I thought I would chime in.
I take it by ftps you are doing something like this?

        lftp ftps://host

As far as I can tell when specifying ftps as the protocol, lftp is
expecting the server it's connecting to, to be setup with FTP/TLS in
implicit mode (usually on port 990), if it's NOT setup using implicit mode
it doesn't seem to work.  Or at least that's what I've seen happen when
using with a Proftpd/TLS server (that I'm also in charge of).

If the remote server is expecting you to connect to the default ftp port
(22), but use FTP/TLS, then it's likely configured to use explicit mode.
In that case you might want to try

debug 12
set ftp:ssl-auth TLS
set ftp:ssl-force true
set ftp:ssl-allow yes
set ftp:ssl-protect-list yes
set ftp:ssl-protect-data yes
set ftp:ssl-protect-fxp yes

A couple of notes on this. I can use TLS (ssl-auth option), but some
server implementations might not be setup for TLS, but an SSL version. You
could try SSLv23 (I think that's the right option), also not all servers
support encrypting both the Control connection (ssl-protect-list) AND the
data connection (ssl-protect-data), So If you can connect, but can't list
directories try turning off the data encryption.. Oh for initial testing I
always set debug 12 so I can see EVERYTHING that's going on.

Jonathan Kaufman

Foot Locker Corporate Services, Inc.
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel:414-357-4062
Fax:717-972-3700
Tie Line:89-221-4062

Visit us on-line at footlocker.com.

The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein, is
confidential and for use by the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it
from your computer. Although the Company attempts to sweep e-mail and
attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free
and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.