Afternoon

I've been trying to get lftp to share a directory to a torrent and then
download it via the torrent on another machine.

Unfortunately, I haven't had any success.

on machine1, I have setup and installed bootstrap-dht from

    https://github.com/bittorrent/bootstrap-dht

and then from machine2 I then run lftp and issue

    set torrent:use-dht yes
    torrent --dht-bootstrape=machine1
    torrent --share mydir

which prints out the magnet link.

>From machine3 I then run lftp and issue

    set torrent:use-dht yes
    torrent --dht-bootstrape=machine1
    torrent 'copy of magnet link'

and I get the message

    Waiting for meta-data...

and no files are downloaded.

I've run tcpdump on machine1, machine2 and machine3 and I don't see any dht
traffic at all.  I've strace'd the dht server and it doesn't get any
connections or traffic.

None of the machines run a firewall.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong... but I can't work it out.

Thanks.

--
Dr Stuart Midgley
sdm...@gmail.com