"...globally-distributed botnet of thousands of computers..."

Someone could rent thousands of botnet agents for two days for a couple
hundred dollars:
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/study-finds-the-average-price-for-renting-a-botnet/6528

"Avaaz does not have any further information about who is behind it..."

They were claiming that this was an attack so sophisticated and massive
that it could have only been perpetrated by a nation state or large
corporation, yet they have no further information about who was behind it?
I think they hyped it up to drive fundraising.

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Andrew Couts <andrew_co...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> *Avaaz statement on the attack on the site*
> An attack on Avaaz’s website from a globally-distributed botnet of
> thousands of computers ended yesterday (Thursday 3rd May). Avaaz does not
> have any further information about who is behind it but the FBI have been
> notified about this incident.

If you would like to receive a daily digest, click "yes" (once you click above)
next to "would you like to receive list mail batched in a daily digest?"

You will need the user name and password you receive from the list moderator in
monthly reminders. You may ask for a reminder here: