> > *TL:DR *I don't think Silent Circle is dangerous for the development of
> > cryptography software but demonstrates potential demand and can spark a
> > discussion of best and worst practices of crypto software development.
>

> How did you jump to this? Even the softest cryptography software still
> has to allow for an audit, and Silent Circle operates from a culture
> that doesn't. It is still dangerous.

It is possible that I am misunderstanding something in your post but
perspective I am coming from is that insecure (or closed) attempts at
offering secure communications software is not necessarily bad for the
development of software writ large but an example of how to do it wrong
that needs to be highlighted as well as an opportunity to say why access to
code and independent verification is so important.