Nick Daly writes:

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Griffin Boyce <griffinbo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > All URL shorteners have the problem of not being transparent with
> > destination. The risk of this is amplified on places like Twitter,
> > where the shortened version can be copied and pasted numerous times.
> >
> > So I would recommend using a site like unshorten.it (or bit.ly itself)
> > to actually see where a link leads.
>
> Someone should register long.er for stretching links :)

There's no "er" top-level domain, though you could have

stret.ch
increa.se
maximi.se (Commonwealth English)

and perhaps puns like

magni.fi

A great exercise for my Unix book would be to use regular expressions to
figure out which dictionary words can potentially be registered as domain
names!

--
Seth Schoen  <sch...@eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/