I speak with people regularly at Microsoft, including their CPO.

It is my understanding that Microsoft's chief privacy officer doesn't have
the power to do what you ask for. Scott Charney, the VP of Trustworthy
Computing, will be much more central to any internal debates over this
issue than Brendon Lynch. Ultimately though, I think you probably want to
address this to Brad Smith, Microsoft's General Counsel.