Strange how so many are citing security norms for (say) encryption but not
the one that systems should always fail to the safest setting. (Which isn't
always the most "functional".)

I actually prefer it the way it is. Yet I certainly appreciate the
alternative concern and would support the change in deference to ..

-Ali