Thank you very much for sending this study.

One of the common assertions we are hearing about so-called "historical" geolocation data as compared to "realtime" geolocation data is that the greater geospatial accuracy of the realtime ping creates an increased privacy interest for the targeted individual. One can make the argument that the ever-increasing density of cellphone towers and femtocells makes historical cell site/radio locations as accurate as realtime pings/multilaterations. But one also has to admit that cell towers out in some alleged rural area must cover "hundreds of square miles."

This study provides much needed validation of the intuitive understanding we all have that the historical record of our movements accumulated over time reveals much more about us than an isolated realtime ping. And that we have a privacy interest in both forms of data.

Again, thanks for sending this.
gf