Either I missed it, or it wasn't posted: dod.net is a wonderful 501(c)3
which has a great distributed network of servers and is super big on
privacy protection and their clients data.

It's free to host with them, but they ask for donations.

Also BuyVM.net has also been a great host that even up until recently
let you run tor exit nodes. Francisco (the owner) has a liberal policy
towards linking, and allows torrent trackers (with the official line
that they can't track copyrighted material) which is great for
dissemination of large files like wikileaks archives.

dod.net is shared hosting, with a jailed SSH. buyvm.net is a VPS.