Hello Yosem (and Greg),

Greg: I have read your eval of the TBB from last year. Will this talk be
different, or include other content?

Either way, I would appreciate it very very much if it were possible to record
this talk, audio, video. I am about to start my thesis in the usability of PETs
tools (specifically mobile tools), and I'd like to hear what you have to say.

Thanks in advance,
Bernard

On 8 May 2013, at 16:03, Yosem Companys wrote:

> http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/emails/20130509-gregnorcie.html
>
> When: Thursday, May 9 ∙ 12:50pm-2:00pm
> Where: Room 285 - Stanford Law School
> Free and open to the public with RSVP
> ________________________________
>
> Anonymity is a key part of privacy. Many activists choose to use Tor, an
> open source anonymity tool run via the non-profit Tor Foundation. In this
> talk, Greg Norcie will discuss the usability of Tor, a commonly used
> anonymity tool. While Tor may be effective from a computational standpoint,
> it's adoption has been hampered by a lack of usability. In this talk, Mr.
> Norcie will discuss how Tor works, why it is important to increase adoption
> of Tor, the legal implications of running Tor exit nodes/bridges, and the
> findings of a laboratory study examining the usability of Tor's current
> interface.
>
> Greg Norcie is a 2nd year PhD student in the security informatics program at
> Indiana University, studying under Jean Camp. Greg's research focus is
> usable security - the application of principles from human computer
> interaction to the design of privacy enhancing technologies. He has
> published extensively in the field of usable security, and is currently
> spending the summer interning in Palo Alto Research Center's Computer
> Science Laboratory (CSL). Prior to graduate school, Greg worked as a
> research assistant at the Carnegie Mellon Usable Privacy and Security Lab
> (CUPS). Later, Greg went on to design security training materials for
> various companies and government agencies as a consultant to Wombat Security
> Technologies, a Pittsburgh based anti-phishing startup.--

Bernard / bluboxthief / ei8fdb

IO91XM / www.ei8fdb.org