On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 06:51:11PM +0200, phryk wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 11:55:57 -0400
> Nadim Kobeissi <na...@nadim.cc> wrote:
>
> > The solution to this is to make encryption more and more widely used.
> > By increasing the number of people with access to encryption
> > technology for their communications, we dilute this threat.
>
> My thought exactly, just encrypt ALL THE THINGS and let those people
> deal with humungous amounts of data, most of which will be completely
> useless even if decrypted.

You want it to happen, you get opportunistic encryption to happen
on as a low level as possible, on as many devices as possible.

Target consumer routers which run Linux or Freedombox-like
devices. Sooner or later it will move to Android, other
mobiles and desktops. Put it into the application layer.

Want an actionable? Figure out how to implement BTNS straight
from the RFC. Nobody seems to have bothered, so far.
A CS student with basic crypto background could do it.

If you have working code, even crappy working code, we have
a really good chance to take it from there.