A few weeks ago, there was a discussion that ended in the recomendation that Pidgin not be used for OTR messaging. Does anyone know what 1) what exactly is the problem with Pidgin OTRand 2) is there a fix in the works?

How dies Pudgin OTR compare to Jitsi OTR?

I ask these questions because my users want as secure an IM client as possible and a good amount of them use Pidgin. Right now, I'm recomending Jitsi but can't seem to find a good reason why except "Pidgin is bad".

Thanks,
Anthony
www.patts.us

--