On 07/01/2013 02:03 PM, adrelanos wrote:
> I think, this kind of tool doesn't exist yet.

Could torrents and magnet links address this issue? Should we push all
projects to promote torrents if they are unable to offer HTTPS?

I, for one, am eager for this to stop being an experiment:
http://labs.bittorrent.com/experiments/sync.html

- built-in hash verification
- addresses cost/expense issue for distributor
- works well even in low bandwidth conditions
- difficult to censor or DDOS

I know there are privacy-decreasing aspects of Torrent use, but that
wasn't part of your requirements(!) :)

I would honestly love to be educated why torrents aren't a great idea
for software distribution, if there are threats to consider that I am
not aware of (other than Torrents+Tor don't mix).

+n