Still, it made me think in relation to the dimension of CFAA pushback we
have gotten.  The CFAA encourages a corporate development cycle of pushing
crappy software out exposed to the net without audit, and to leave nets
without monitoring or pentesting, because user data is insured and/or there
are no penalties for its loss, corporate data loss is poorly understood and
poisoning entirely unassessed, and it's assumed the feds will clean things
up at taxpayer expense.

Why pay for security?

And this would suit a "national security" interest that wanted compromised
software.  As sick as that is for a larger perspective of national security
from cyberthreats -- we have already seen some rather poor decisions made.

Essay on my G+ yesterday in more pot-boiler mode, if anyone's interested.

Yrs,
SN