All of the sneaky signs, email headers and web page badges assume the
FBI, or whoever the adversary is are incompetent or inept.  That does
not see like a safe assumption to me. The only prudent approach is to
assume your adversary is intelligent and competent.

My guess is that the only defense against NSL's and the like is
through policy. I realize that may be blasphemy on this list, but
there it is.

--
Matt Johnson