Jonathan Wilkes writes:

> Furthermore, couldn't I periodically query every publicly accessible
> PGP keyserver (maybe do it in a distributed manner) to see who
> signed what, and then mirror that web of trust with the keys I
> control?
>
> Furthermore, couldn't I also upload keys with same name/email
> addresses for any keys that existed before I started, lie about the
> creation date, and work those into my hall of mirrors?

Micah Lee's OHM talk addressed these problems:

https://program.ohm2013.org/event/113.html

https://github.com/micahflee/trollwot

https://github.com/micahflee/trollwot/blob/master/trollwot.pdf

(It doesn't really propose solutions, just highlights the problems very
well.)

--
Seth Schoen  <sch...@eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/