Hello Carlo. PrivateCore is my company and ironically your libtech message
was flagged as spam in my inbox.

You are correct that today's technology reduces the trust to the CPU and,
for now, the TPM. I view that a significant improvement compared to having
to trust all components, like network cards or memory modules.

I hope to eliminate dependence on the TPM with developments in the next 1-2
years. As for eliminating the need to trust the CPU, that is a much longer
endeavor, at least for general purpose use cases.