2. turn off WiFi
3. don't use store loyalty cards

Are there other things we can do? Are the other leakages we need to stop?

On 2014-07-03 16:54, JCX wrote:
There are many companies that do this through Wi-Fi hotspots.
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/datablog/2014/jan/10/how-tracking-customers-in-store-will-soon-be-the-norm [4]

You can correlate them to online users if the users actually connect to the free wifi hotspots and login somehow. (Think free coupon or whatever)

I imagine you can get something reasonable going if you hook the system up to the POS system.

Apple's recent decision to randomize MAC ID on iOS might make it harder but probably not impossible. http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/06/ios8-to-stymie-trackers-and-marketers-with-mac-address-randomization/ [5]