On 07/04/2014 10:56 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
http://blog.erratasec.com/2014/07/jamming-xkeyscore_4.html?m=1

Errata Security

Advanced persistent cybersecurity

Friday, July 04, 2014

Jamming XKeyScore

Back in the day there was talk about "jamming echelon" by adding keywords to email that
the echelon system was supposedly looking for. We can do the same thing for XKeyScore: jam the
system with more information than it can handle. (I enumerate the bugs I find in the code as
"xks-00xx").

For example, when sending emails, just send from the address
"brid...@torproject.org" and in the email body include:

https://bridges.torproject.org/
bridge = 0.0.0.1:443
bridge = 0.0.0.2:443
bridge = 0.0.0.3:443

Continue this for megabytes worth of bridges (xks-0001), and it'll totally mess
up XKeyScore. It has no defense against getting flooded with information like
this, as far as I can see.

Dear Eugen,
We're very excited about your approach of defending against a class of bad things in the future by studying and defending against a specific bad thing that happened in the past. Feel free to ask us any question you might have.

And don't forget to ignore the insignificant cost to the adversary of changing tactics!

Best,
The TSA