What is the background of the students? Do they know how to program? Do
they have experience with web apps or operating systems?

If they have some basic coding and web app background, here are some
suggestions:

   - Google has a good "Web Application Exploits and Defenses" tutorial
   named Gruyere: https://google-gruyere.appspot.com/part1
   - There are dozens of Capture the Flag (CTF) competitions of varying
   difficulty.
      - Here's a list of CTFs: https://ctftime.org/ctfs
      - Here's an archive of UCSB's past CTFs:
      https://ictf.cs.ucsb.edu/pages/archive.html
      - Stripe also has good CTFs that they post the source to:
      https://github.com/stripe-ctf/stripe-ctf-2.0/tree/master/levels
      - This Square/Matasano CTF is assembly-oriented, but I liked it a
      lot: https://microcorruption.com/login
   - This is an (outdated) list of vulnerable web apps for learning
   purposes:
   http://blog.taddong.com/2011/10/hacking-vulnerable-web-applications.html
   - OWASP has educational and training materials, though they seem to be
   spread across several projects that you have to dig through:
   https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page
   - If the students literally want to go after bug bounties, I'd suggest
   reading through bug bounty reports by researchers. They will go into detail
   and show you the areas that are fruitful to focus on.
      - Here's a bounty hunter's guide:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/facebook-bug-bounty/a-bounty-hunters-guide-to-facebook/946955115318715/
      - Here's an good bug bounty post:
      https://whitton.io/articles/uber-turning-self-xss-into-good-xss/
      - Here's a more typical bug bounty post:

https://josipfranjkovic.blogspot.com/2014/12/reading-local-files-from-facebooks.html