Hi Yosem,

Good questions--

Generally speaking, the way to help people in distress is to ask them what
they need (rather than guessing or assuming, which often results in a tool
without a user base and a lot of people who desperately needed something
else).

Asking people what they need can be accomplished by reaching out to people
and groups in Puerto Rico by phone or even on Twitter. Here is a link to
the list of mayors in Puerto Rico with their phone numbers.
https://www.hud.gov/states/shared/working/r4/fbci/localcontactspr-vi
Once we know what they need most, we can figure out how to help with
technology.

I know there is an effort to install solar panels while they also fix the
antiquated and expensive electrical grid they have.

Here is an app I found that helps individuals calculate how to plan solar
panels for their house. It's in arabic but could be translated into
Spanish.
https://www.fastcompany.com/40417060/how-a-man-with-no-coding-experience-built-an-app-thats-bringing-solar-power-to-yemen

Step 0 here would be to make sure there is no other useful Spanish app that
does the same thing (I don't speak Spanish so am not right for that task).
Step 1 would be to look around on Twitter and Facebook to see who is
working on solar power, individuals and companies, and contact them to
listen to their needs.
Step 2 (if it still makes sense to do so) Make the Spanish app!

Thanks for getting the ball rolling, Yosem.

Cheers,

Kate

@aidspol
about.me/katekrauss