Hey Paul, got any statistics to back you up on that claim?  Just
curious??

--- In Libertarian@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The overwhelming majority of veterans like myself are against the
war
> in Iraq and the overwhelming majority of parents who have lost
> children in the blatantly unconstitutional and wholly unprovoked
war
> in Iraq are against the war too.
>
> Only Hannity, O'Reilly, Coulter, etc. are stupid enough to focus
on a
> small but vocal minority of idiots.
>

> --- In Libertarian@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Dondero Rittberg"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > SO TODD, why isn't the media covering all the hundreds of other
> > family members of other dead soldiers and Marines, WHO FUCKING
HATE
> > CINDY SHEEHAN???
> >
> > You only hear them interviewed on Hannity, O'Reilly and other
> > Conservative media.
> >
> > Why no interviews of those who disagree with Sheehan on CNN or
the
> > Washington Post or the NY Times?
> >

> > --- In Libertarian@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Andrew Barnett"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >

> > > I think you guys might find this interesting.
> > >
> > > http://www.fff.org/comment/com0508h.asp
> > >

> > > FWIW, Richman's right on target on this issue. And for those
> > > liberventionists, conservatives, and neoconservatives who say
> > otherwise, you
> > > guys are wrong 1000% all the way. Sheehan was right. You guys
just
> > don't
> > > want to not only admit it to us but yourself as well.
> > >
> > > I rest my case there.
> > >

> > > That's all I'm gonna say at this time.
> > >

> > > Yours in Liberty,
> > >
> > > Todd Andrew Barnett
> > > Columnist, Liberty For All Online Magazine
> > > http://www.libertyforall.net
> > >

> > > Cindy Sheehan Is Right
> > > by Sheldon Richman, August 19, 2005
> > >
> > > The sort of people who think there is no greater honor than to
die
> > in a war
> > > are visibly uncomfortable with Cindy Sheehan. They can't
> > understand her.
> > > Cindy Sheehan is the mother of Casey Sheehan, a U.S. soldier
> > killed in Iraq.
> > > She's camped outside President Bush's Crawford, Tex., ranch
> > demanding a
> > > meeting with him and calling attention to the terrible
predicament
> > into
> > > which the president has delivered the American people.
> > >
> > > Conservative commentators and talk-radio personalities
apparently
> > can't
> > > fathom why Mrs. Sheehan hasn't accepted her loss with more
> > equanimity, if
> > > not satisfaction. After all, they suggest, her son perished
while
> > carrying
> > > out the inspired will of the president of the United States.
Not
> > everyone
> > > gets to go to his reward in such a grand fashion. Most people
die
> > > unremarkable deaths, having quietly and unspectacularly worked
> > make
> > > decent lives for themselves, taking care of their families and
> > being good
> > > friends and neighbors. Casey Sheehan and more than 1,800 other
> > Americans
> > > were lucky to be spared that ho-hum fate. They died for a
Great
> > Cause.
> > > Thousands of others will bear the evidence of their patriotic
> > endeavor for
> > > the rest of their days, having been crippled or maimed in
their
> > service to
> > > Bush, Rice, and Rumsfeld.
> > >
> > > Of course the pro-war folks will say that all this death and
> > mayhem is for a
> > > good reason. No one ever thinks he has sent people to their
deaths
> > for a bad
> > > reason. Harry Truman no doubt thought he was doing good when
he
> > dropped
> > > A-bombs on innocent, unthreatening Japanese civilians 60 years
> > ago. I grant
> > > you it takes quite an imagination to see good in the
vaporizing of
> > old men,
> > > women, and children. Never underestimate the power of
> > rationalization.
> > >
> > > The conservatives who favor the war most likely believe that
Cindy
> > Sheehan
> > > suffers from false consciousness. Surely she does not know her
own
> > > interests. In their eyes, she should be a rah-rah supporter of
the
> > war,
> > > especially after the sacrifice of her son. But she's not. She
> > can't be right
> > > about its immorality. How could she? A Republican president
says
> > it's right.
> > > The rest of her family is reported to favor the war and to
> > disapprove of
> > > what she is doing. So something must be wrong with her. She is
> > being
> > > manipulated by the anti-war movement, which hates America. Or
so
> > some
> > > conservatives seem to think. Columnist Frank J. Gaffney Jr.
calls
> > her "the
> > > poster child for surrender [who] has morphed into a pawn in
the
> > hands of
> > > partisans who are indifferent whether the United States is
> > defeated on the
> > > central front in this global war - as long as Mr. Bush, his
> > administration,
> > > and party are laid low."
> > >
> > > Then again, maybe she is right about the war. Maybe it was a
> > mistake that
> > > should end forthwith. Maybe all those sons and daughters are
dying
> > for one
> > > man's self-delusion and hubris. The American people seem to be
> > coming around
> > > to this position.
> > >
> > > And why not? The number-one stated reason for going to war -
> > weapons of mass
> > > destructive - turned out to be a big zero. The other reasons
since
> > given
> > > prominence - Saddam Hussein's cruelty to the Iraqis, and so
on -
> > would never
> > > have persuaded the American people to put their sons and
daughters
> > in mortal
> > > peril.
> > >
> > > The president tries, without evidence, to connect Saddam to
the al-
> > Qaeda
> > > attacks on 9/11. But Bush didn't invade Iraq to retaliate for
mass
> > murder on
> > > American soil, although he has now turned that country into a
> > recruitment
> > > campaign for terrorists. The myth that if they are blowing
things
> > up there
> > > they won't be doing so here is long gone. Ask the Spanish and
> > British.
> > >
> > > For more than eight decades Western politicians have used the
> > Middle East
> > > for their own purposes. It is not surprising that that has
created
> > a hatred
> > > for imperial policies which motivates people, inexcusably, to
> > murder
> > > innocents. (Over the years, western empire-builders have not
> > exactly been
> > > meticulous about sparing innocents.) Recognizing the roots of
this
> > hatred
> > > and acting accordingly do not constitute surrender, as the
> > neoconservatives
> > > believe, but rationality.
> > >
> > > Sheldon Richman is senior fellow at The Future of Freedom
> > Foundation, author
> > > of Tethered Citizens: Time to Repeal the Welfare State, and
editor
> > of The
> > > Freeman magazine. Send him email

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hlc58t1/M=362329.6886306.7839369.3040540/D=groups/S=1705060682:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124752058/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=11dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>