You should have been there in Seattle.  It was quite a convention.
You could almost say it was the high point of all-time for the
Libertarian Party.

There were even some celebs that showed up like WA State Senator Jack
Metcalf (later a Congressman), and even Radio Host Dr. Demento.

Anyway, the Nominating part was hugely exciting.  Balloons, Videos
and all.  All of it carried live on C-SPAN.

Many of us didn't know right away that Ron had won of the first
ballot.  It took us about 3 minutes to figure it out.  Boy, was that
a tense 3 minutes.

I really miss those days of the LP.  They were truly the glory days
of the Libertarian Party.  It's a crying shame how low the LP has
shrunk in the last few years.  Crying shame!

--- In Libertarian@yahoogroups.com, "terry12622000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Eric, thanks for clearing that up. I put it in a form of a question
> because I was trying to recall the info I had read in Russel Means
> book Where White Men Fear To Tread, Its been awhile since I have
read
> the book and I have put it away in storage with some other books so
> can not quote what Means said, he made have  said what you are
> saying, then again he was pretty bitter about losing the
nomination

http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpgUKB/pzNLAA/cUmLAA/KlSolB/TM