Rod only when the RLC'er's leave the Republican party and do not support
anyone who is Republican except those who are truly freedom oriented  will
they have my support and respect. When they support the least rotten apple
just because he is a Republican they lose all my respect.

Today the RNC says "Jump" and the RLC "Jumps". The RNC  says if you endorse
anyone we do not like we will expell you and they cower in  the corner.
Much of the RLC did not even endorse Ron Paul in 2008 because they  were afraid
to anger those at the top of the rotten heap.
They will support anyone who is a registered Republican no  matter how bad,
over any one who is more pro freedom but not Registered  Republican.

In 1969 the Republicans ran the Libertarians out of the  Republican Party.
That was at the 1969 "Young Americans for Freedom"  Conference

Also, Remember, in 1989 I helped to form and write the original mission
statement for what was to become the RLC.  When it was presented  to the RNC
the RNC rejected it and it's chosen name. The Libertarian-Republican  Caucus!
By the time that the RNC would accept it, it was no longer anything like
what we had at first written. It was not really freedom oriented and
certainly  was not Libertarian oriented. To use an analogy - "It was like plain

watered down vanilla flavoring". The other organizers including Ron Paul  and
Eric Ritberg (Dondaro) folded or sold out or what ever you wish to call it.
They got their caucus but it was without a soul.

For me to have any respect for the RLC or any belief in  them, they will
have to leave the Republican Party.
I like you and do not want to hurt your feelings but that is the way I look
 at it.

John Wayne

In a message dated 4/21/2010 7:16:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,