From: Roderick T. Beaman <crazylibertar...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [LibertarianExchange] Executions
Date: Friday, June 18, 2010, 11:36 AM

Ronnie Lee Gardner was executed by firing squad this AM.  The debate centers
around what is humane.

I have no doubt that Gardner had some horrible seconds as his life ebbed and I
think that is the case for just about every manner of execution.  There is
evidence that, no matter the manner, the executionee feels it.

To that end, at least 20 years ago, an author in National Review suggested
simply replacing the air with 100% nitrogen.  It's non-toxic and constitutes
about 80% of air but it doesn't sustain life.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

 Roderick T. Beaman,D.O.
Board Certified Family Physician
Protect freedom. Disarm the government.