Title: Message
As you presumably know, the true meaning of the Pledge is indeed not that anarchism is the LP's end, but rather that violence is not the LP's means.  Cf. http://marketliberal.org/FixLP.html#Pledge
>  I trust the political marketplace to marginalize people who are not really libertarian but claim to be <
Right!  If anarcho-capitalists were as intellectually confident as they try to act, they would relish the chance to associate with confused freedom-lovers who have not yet had the scales fall from their eyes. I have absolutely no problem including anarchists in any freedom-increasing coalition, because I'm confident that the obvious flaws in anarchism will severely limit how much it can infect the rest of the movement. The incidence of anarchism in the broader libertarian movement has very little to do with how anarchism holds up against the best arguments against it, and very much to do with the incidence of a certain personality type that craves facile moral certitude and the ersatz self-esteem it offers.

Robert Capozzi wrote:

> Frankly, I'm neither anarchist nor minarchist.   I'm a "less-archist."
I'd like a better name than "liberty increaser" or "aggression decreaser", and lessarchist might be it.  Thanks!

Brian Holtz
Libertarian candidate for Congress, CA14 (Silicon Valley) http://marketliberal.org

Libertarian party Bachelor party Bachelorette party

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS