Hello, everyone!

We've just released Libevent 1.4.12-stable.  You can find the source
in the usual place:

    http://monkey.org/~provos/libevent-1.4.12-stable.tar.gz

This is a bugfix-only release, and some of the bugs were kind of
nasty.  I'd recommend that you upgrade, especially if you are writing
code that uses epoll or evdns.

Here's the ChangeLog for this release:

Changes in 1.4.12-stable:
 o Try to contain degree of failure when running on a win32 version so
   heavily firewalled that we can't fake a socketpair.
 o Fix an obscure timing-dependent, allocator-dependent crash in the
   evdns code.
 o Use __VA_ARGS__ syntax for varargs macros in event_rpcgen when
   compiler is not GCC.
 o Activate fd events in a pseudorandom order with O(N) backends, so
   that we don't systematically favor low fds (select) or earlier-added
   fds (poll, win32).
 o Fix another pair of fencepost bugs in epoll.c.  [Patch from Adam
   Langley.]
 o Do not break evdns connections to nameservers when our IP changes.
 o Set truncated flag correctly in evdns server replies.
 o Disable strict aliasing with GCC: our code is not compliant with
   it.

We'd like to thank everyone who reported bugs or supplied patches.  My
apologies if I've forgotten to credit any patches in the ChangeLog; let me
know and I'll fix it.

Many thanks,
--
Nick Mathewson