I am using libevent-1.4.12-stable on Linux, and occasionally
getaddrinfo() fails when called from evhttp_connection_connect() called
from evhttp_make_request().  When this happens, the request remains
queued on the connection.  So sometime later when another request is
made, getaddrinfo() succeeds, and the request gets dispatched, late.

My question is, how should this ideally be handled?  It sounds to me
like a shortcoming of the libevent http api, but before I suggest
patches I would like to hear other opinions.

The http request is not useful to me if it's delayed.  And yet I rely on
the request callback to free some memory associated with the request.

Regards,
Ken