Hi,
I am trying to study a gstreamer plugin that is using libmpeg2 to
decode the obvious.
I have a few questions on the libmpeg2 side of things.

Through my understanding of the mpeg2 standard, the coding order is
not the same as the display order (atleast when there are B-Frames in
the stream), i.e. the order in which frames are encoded in a stream
are not the order in which they are displayed. And that the decoder,
will actually give out frames in the display order after reordering.

The documentation available here,
http://tonelli.sns.it/pub/mennucc1/mplayer/debug/tmp/mpeg2dec-0.4.0b/doc/libmpeg2.txt
says that mpeg2_tag_picture, allows you to associate a timestamp (or
tag) to the next picture that starts after the tag was set.

Here i would like to know, whether the tag is associated with the next
picture in the encoded stream, or the next picture that is returned as
decoded and ready to be displayed. Where, in the former case, due to
reordering that particular timestamped frame could come after a few
frames.

Secondly, in the structure,

typedef struct mpeg2_info_s {
    const mpeg2_picture_t * current_picture;
    const mpeg2_picture_t * display_picture;
} mpeg2_info_t;

What pictures do current_picture and display_picture variables hold.
Through my study i have found that display_picture holds the picture
that currently has to be displayed. What does current_picture hold?

Please comment.
Thanks & Regards
~Sameer