Hi Everyone,

I get the errors below after a while (About 20mins) with PowerDNS on an
OpenDBX+FreeTDS backend:

Mar 31 13:33:20 ns01 pdns[3921]: Database module reported condition
which prevented lookup (Error: DB statement failed) sending out servfail

Mar 31 13:33:20 ns01 pdns[3921]: [OpendbxBackend] execStmt: Unable to
execute query - Attempt to initiate a new Adaptive Server operation with
results pending, Success

Once a backend thread starts giving this error it does not respond to
any more queries. The MSSQL server shows no unusual queries before a
thread locks up with this error.

Information I have found so far suggest it is an application issue and
either OpenDBX or the PowerDNS OpenDBX backend because it is not calling
dbresults in certain situations:

As for "Attempt to initiate a new Adaptive Server operation with results
pending", that's a logical error on the part of the application: you
have
to read your results or cancel them before issuing a new query.  Cf. FAQ
http://www.freetds.org/faq.html#pending.

"Once dbsqlexec returns SUCCEED, the application must call dbresults to
process the results."

Can anyone help with a fix or patch?

Thanks,

Rob

The SAQ Group

Registered Office: 18 Chapel Street, Petersfield, Hampshire GU32 3DZ
SAQ is the trading name of SEMTEC Limited. Registered in England & Wales
Company Number: 06481952

http://www.saqnet.co.uk AS29219

SAQ Group Delivers high quality, honestly priced communication and I.T.
services to UK Business.

Broadband : Domains : Email : Hosting : CoLo : Servers : Racks : Transit :
Backups : Managed Networks : Remote Support.

ISPA Member