Hi Mariano

> That fails with something...we have tried to isolate the problem to the
> minimum. To reproduce do these steps:
>
> 'Create table test (c1 int NULL, c2 int NULL)'.
>   'insert into test values(1, NULL)'.
> 'insert into test values(NULL, 3)'.
> 'select * from (select t1.c1, null t3 from test t1 UNION ALL select NULL t3,
> t2.c2 from test t2)'.
>
> Then after, fetch all rows. Then, if you take the last row (number 4), which
> has (NULL, '3'), and you try to ask the type of position 2  you get an
> UKNOWN instead of type for the integer.
>
> Is this a bug? if true, where? OpenDBX? slite3 library? sqlite3 database?

Not a bug, it's a feature ;-)

SQLite uses an own datatype for NULL values which is not known in SQL
standard (http://sqlite.org/c3ref/c_blob.html). The problem is that
SQLite changes the datatype of the column in the result set from INT to
NULL if the value is NULL in the current row. There's no known
workaround for this.

Norbert