On Wed, April 11, 2007 15:46, Gary Popov wrote:

Hi Gary,

I'm not too familiar with this compiler but I don't see anything in the
source code that could explain it.  I don't suppose it's something simple
like the makefile for libpqxx linking in util.obj twice?

More follows:

> ------ Build started: Project: test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
> Linking...
> libpqxx_staticD.lib(util.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall
> pqxx::internal::refcount::~refcount(void)" ([EMAIL PROTECTED]@pqxx@@
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]) already defined in libpqxx.lib(libpqxx.dll)
> libpqxx_staticD.lib(util.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: bool __thiscall
> pqxx::internal::refcount::loseref(void)"
> ([EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]@@QAE_NXZ)
> already defined in libpqxx.lib(libpqxx.dll)

This strikes me as odd--as if you're linking to both a static and a
dynamic library.  Then again, on some systems I believe the usual way of
dealing with dynamic libraries is to link with a static library of "stubs"
jumping to the dynamic library's functions.  So maybe it's just that.

> so... I'm wondering if I did something wrong? I recall fidling with the
> header files a bit (uh-oh), but I don't remember 100% what I did. I think
> changed all of the instances of disable_noticer from
> pqxx::internal::disable_noticer to just pqxx::disable_noticer, but I don't
> see how this would have any impact... or would it?

No, that shouldn't affect anything.  Could it be an issue of Debug vs.
Release builds?

Jeroen