Hi everybody,

I would also like to see some enhancement in this issue. I think it is
mainly a question of style, but my codebase is full of calls to c_str()
for this reason.

I do not like the idea of configuring at compile time, this will just
add some preprocessor acrobatics to the headers.

I would prefer to have all the comparison operators that are provided
for std::strings, and I would implement them as free functions that live
in a different header file. Those who do not want them need not #include
them.

cheers,
Rupert

--
Rupert Kittinger-Sereinig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Krenngasse 32