Hi Tor,

Tor Lillqvist wrote (28-04-11 10:48)
But can you tell me that you *really* aren't aware of the OOo-dev
builds&  build process? You developed on OOo:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/DomainDeveloper

Sure, I am/was a "registered domain developer", but I always worked
in the "ooo-build" a.k.a. "go-oo" build mechanism. Never the
"upstream" OOo one. And is/was that OOo-dev thing ever used by anyone
except Hamburg?

Oh yes. It was the primary opportunity for anyone to install snap-shots, dev builds, betas or however they were called, to test, without having trouble in special installing actions and/or loosing stable versions. Many many issues were reported from users/testers working with those. Me (and others) always promoted working with those dev-builds, cause it was an easy way to find bugs relatively early, which eases fixing and helps preventing regressions.

I have never installed any (what used to be) "upstream" OOo developer
snapshot.. Trust me, this thread is the first time I hear about
"OOo-Dev".

Apparently, in all our enthusiasm and work, we did not yet tell each other enough about our backgrounds and so more.

Regards,
Cor

--
 - http://nl.libreoffice.org