Hi Tim,

Tim Hardeck wrote (17-11-11 17:07)
On 11/17/2011 04:00 PM, Cor Nouws wrote:
Tim Hardeck wrote (16-11-11 20:12)
With this patch these toolbars should be docked to the bottom to prevent
the document from being moved each time the toolbar is displayed.

Could you please explain a bit further?
Who should dock the toolbars to the bottom? Or is that a condition for
the toolbars to have the show/hide behaviour ?

I have changed the default behavior of these mentioned toolbars, like
the one that appears when you click on a table in Writer, to be shown at
the bottom.
If you want to check how it looks just run ctrl + f which will open the
findbar at the bottom.

Yes, I recognise that.

Unlike a new toolbar at the top the document
center will not move that's why we decided to show them a the bottom.

Since this does only affect the default configuration users with
existing Libreoffice configurations wouldn't be influenced. They would
have to dock the bars on their own to the bottom or reset this
particular configuration.

Ah, now I see.
(Re-reading your initial post shows it too - but after some technical thoughts regarding the organisation fo the configuration - which me made skip some text).

I'm glad with your solution.

Thanks - for further explaining too.

--
 - Cor