There's a discussion over on reddit.com/r/linux of some
LibreOffice-related problems with .ppsx MS Office PowerPoint XML
"Show" files:

http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/mohlu/is_there_a_linuxcompatible_way_to_convert_ppsx/

I won't personally file any bugs at this stage (in part because I
don't even run the most recent version, but mostly because of prior
exposure elsewhere to Bugzilla; I think Bugzilla in particular is
terrible, and once bitten twice shy),
- BUT -
in case anyone is interested, this aforementioned thread does contain
a lot of good information that should allow LibreOffice developers to
write a .ppsx export filter and fix some LibreOffice bugs.

(I'm not saying you HAVE to do any of these things; I've got a
workaround on my end – I'm just sharing information; what you do with
it is up to you.)

Thanks and regards,
--ropers