Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> The attached 0001-* patch should implement the following:
>
>  When transitioning from failure to success, email all committers
>  since previous success.
>
> Compared to my request quoted above, this also gets in the loop the
> committer of the fix. It uselessly spams people that committed since
> last failure and did not fix the build (but did an unrelated change),
> but I think the service to the committer of the fix is worth that.

Thanks a lot, that looks nice - deployed on
MacOSX-Intel_3-OSX_10.6.0-gcc_4.0.1 locally, shoot me if that gets
annoying! :)

> The attached 0002-* patch implements another change I think is
> relevant: on failure (and the above failure-success transition), email
> authors as well as committers. After all, the author of the patch may
> have more clue and/or insight into the problem than the committer.

Hm. Not taking that for the while, as sometimes tinderboxen are
*very* spamming, and if author!=committer, the author typically has
no way of committing a fix him or herself. If the committer needs
help, they're always able to ask the author explicitely.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten