On 18/03/2021 21.04, Luboš Luňák wrote:
- We are not in any special position here, we are just one of the many
projects using git. Therefore there does not appear to be any need to act on
our own. Presumably the issue gets discussed also elsewhere, and discussing
it here adds little to no value to it.

- The git project is the source of the git tool, and appears to be a suitable
place to discuss and set the trend here.

Therefore, I propose that the decision to rename the master branch is
postponed for as long as the git project does not take a definitive stance on
it. That stance may take the form of e.g. the git project making a statement
on it or changing their default and using it. Our decision can be then based
on this input and may e.g. take the form of simply taking the technical
decision to do what git does.

+1

I don't have any hard feelings either way, but following upstream git sounds like a reasonable plan to me, in particular given this matter turned out to be so controversial.