Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:42:55 +0000
From: Michael Heathcote <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] USB powered external HD

Hi Matt,

The HD enclosure is made by Archos, called a QDISK P/N QHD-1-B, with a lead
terminating in a 16-bit PCMCIA card.
I bought just the enclosure, and originally used my redundant 800MB 50CT hard drive.
It will take any 2.5 inch drive up to about 18mm thick. I swop drives around,
presently a 6GB drive, and when I want to re-format my present libretto drive (10GB),
I format in the libretto, and then swop into the HD enclosure to copy the installation
files onto the drive using my Portege laptop. Very handy, plug and play even with
Windows 98SE.
The DVD drive that I use is by ARGOSY, a DV730-04. Again with a 16-bit PCMCIA card,
with no external power. Interestingly if you use an ac adaptor with this drive, the
requirement is 1 Amp as stated on the back of the drive.

Mike.