Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:37:11 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [LIB] Win98/70CT audio playback: A lost cause?

In a message dated 10/19/2004 2:44:19 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Does anyone have a 50ct or 70CT set up with Win98 that
> has been able to consistently play MP3s for hours at a
> time without the playback starting to click
> significantly after an hour or so?

<snip>

Maybe this is a clue...  I played a CD through my desktop last night to check
the quality of the copy.  Media Player started by default, and the CD
playback had the same types of clicks that I've heard on my L100CT, but even more of
them.  Concerned that I'd gotten a bad copy, I tried WinAmp and voila, smooth
and click-free playback.  So the moral of the story is...maybe the player has
an influence.  Have you tried other players than MP and WinAmp?

Lee