Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:56:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: Matt Hanson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] echo indigo

--- Stefan Katletz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Matt Hanson wrote:
>
> > And what the heck are 'ALSA' drivers??
>
> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
> http://www.alsa-project.org/

Ah... Thanks Stefan.  I was getting it confused with
ASIO there.

But I guess John's post begs the question from me of
whether people have gotten audio/music/mp3s to play
back on a Libretto running Linux that requires less
system resources than Windows 98 or Win2000?

I experimented with the Mandrake installation Neil
helped put on my 50 a couple of years back.  But I
found even with the low demand shell iceman, Windows
98 was still better at multitasking during audio
playback, and required less system resources to do so.

But Linux was well beyond me.  I'd be interested in
hearing if anyone else was more successful.

Matt